Madinah College is offering a programme of semi-intensive courses in Modern Standard and Classical Arabic. These courses will suit those who wish to make faster progress in Arabic language learning and who can put in enough self-study hours.
Students are expected to complete at least two hours of self-study for every two hours of classroom study - one hour of preparation and one hour of homework.
* Modern Standard Arabic or Classical Arabic Beginners 1 courses are for students with no existing knowledge of the language,
* MSA / CA Beginners 2 courses are for students who have completed a Beginners 1 course or a similar course of approximately 20 hours of tuition elsewhere.
* MSA /Classical Beginners 3 course, you will need to have completed a Beginners 2 course or its equivalent (approximately 40 hours of tuition).
All summer courses allow learners to progress, having completed a course, students can take the next level course in a later cycle of the summer programme or in any term of the academic year 2017-2018.
Cycle 1: Monday 17 July – Friday 28 July
* MSA Semi-Intensive B1 (3 - 14 July)
* CA Semi-intensive B1 (3 - 14 July)
Cycle 2: Monday 31 July - Friday 11 August
* MSA Semi-Intensive B1 (31 July - 11 Aug)
* MSA Semi- Intensive B2 (31 July - 11 Aug)
* CA Semi-intensive B1 (31 July - 11 Aug)
* CA Semi-intensive B2 (31 July - 11 Aug)
Fees for this course are £95, payable in advance.
Mode of attendance:
18:00-20:00 on Monday to Friday
ARABIC BEGINNERS 1
COURSE BOOK: Wightwick, J. and Gaafar, M. (2014): Mastering Arabic 1 (3rd ed.). London: Palgrave Macmillan. (Units 1 to 8)
ARABIC BEGINNERS 2
COURSE BOOK: Wightwick, J. and Gaafar, M. (2014): Mastering Arabic 1 (3rd ed.). London: Palgrave Macmillan. (Units 8 -14)
ARABIC BEGINNERS 3
COURSE BOOK: Wightwick, J. and Gaafar, M. (2014): Mastering Arabic 1 (3rd ed.). London: Palgrave Macmillan. (Units 15 - 23)
Terms and Conditions
* Payment in full must be made at the time of enrolment.
* For more information and to register your interest please sign up here
* Fees for all courses are exclusive of course materials.
* Courses are subject to minimum number of 7 students
* Places are allocated on a ‘first come’ basis. Places cannot be reserved in advance without payment.
* Classes are normally limited to 15 students per class.
* Classes are only for learners aged 18 and above.